Sunday, February 27, 2005

Late night slice on upper east

Three J’s

The late night crawl near 79th and 2nd leaves a well indulged partier with few options when it comes to feeding their face…a must at 3am. One recent evening, I found myself in a panic with hunger due to the fact that the all the diners including, the infamous Jackson Hole burger joint were closed and every other known food establishment were also dark. That is when I stumbled, unfortunately that is meant literally, on Three J’s Pizza on 83rd and 2nd. As usual, I over ordered getting three slices to go and one for the two block walk home. My first bite was met with warm oil, a nice coating of cheese and an al fresco tomato sauce. This was a literal eye opener being it was after 3am. When I arrived home, I ate the three remaining pieces and even though I was fading, the slices lived up to the balance of flavor I remembered just a few short minutes earlier. Over all, Three J’s reminds me of a combination of Joe’s on Bleecker and Eat at Joes on Second Avenue…two very good pies. Check it out, you won’t be disappointed.

No comments: