Sunday, February 27, 2005

Dos Caminos

Dos Caminos

Of all my restaurant week reservations, I expected Dos Caminos to be the least remarkable. Not that I do not believe in Steve Hanson and the BR Guest team, but just understand that there is a lot about this place outside of the food. Well, I was wrong. The entire experience was beyond my expectations. The guacamole with a touch of spice and ground to just right texture, was the best I remember in the City. Following that, we had the butternut squash empanada with goat cheese which was a unique and intelligent. The Kobe beef soft tacos were tender, smokey and nicely salted. The accompanying sauce was well spiced. Niman Ranch Pork Ribs were fantastic. I was just a Blue Smoke a few days earlier, and these ribs rose well above those. In the middle of all this, we had a visit from the Tequila Sommelier who helped pick out Corazón de Agave Añejo, which was wonderfuly smooth yet robust.

No comments: